Wednesday 14 July 2010

an introduction

As this is my first time writing here (or any where in this fashion) I thought I would give you a insight as to how comics first grabbed me.
The first comic I ever bought was the 200th anniversary edition of Marvel Tales which was a reprint of a Spider Man annual 14 and I was hooked from that point on. It was written by Deny O’Neill and illustrated by the legendary Frank Miller. I couldn’t believe what I was reading, magical realms outside of our own ruled by an evil dictator whilst two gallant heroes, Dr. strange and Spider Man battled to save us from them. I was mesmerised by Frank Miller’s creations of hordes of headless fiends clambering all over Spidey. It transported an 8 year old boy to a place I didn’t know existed and I have made that journey many times ever since. Let’s face it, we all like a good bit of escapism from time to time and I’ve never found a better medium than comic books. They’re just not constrained by financial budgets or technology so your journey can be as realistic and gritty as you care for or you can take a ride to the furthest reaches of your imagination, all for a couple of pounds a month.
Hopefully you will check in with us on a regular basis to see what journeys we are making and pull up a seat.

www.frogbros.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

All about us

My photo
frog bros comics and books, this is a blog all about well comics and books. We do deal in both but this is not a forum for us to peddle any crap... if it's not good we'll tell you and if something rocks our boat, well we'll tell you that too.